- What exactly is this Heroism Science conference?
This conference is the second biennial conference on heroism science, a new and growing field of inquiry. The first heroism science conference was held in Perth, Australia, in July of 2016.
- What is heroism science?
Heroism science addresses a wide range of phenomena including but not limited to: leadership, morality, cooperation, altruism, wisdom, meaning, purpose, resilience, hope, flow, human growth, regeneration, courage, empathy, eudaimonia, spirituality, health, public service, self-control, emotional intelligence, character strengths, pedagogy, crisis management, healthcare, counseling, workforce, community development, popular media, online activism, and human rights.
- Where and when will the conference be held?
The conference is hosted by the University of Richmond and will take place at UR Downtown, 626 E Broad St #100, Richmond, VA 23219. The dates are Thursday and Friday, October 4 and 5, 2018.
- How do I submit a proposal to present my work?
You may submit an application to present your work at this link: Submit Presentation. You will be prompted to login before submitting your presentation. If you do not have an existing account, click "Sign up" and follow the instructions to create your account first
- What are the different ways I can present my research?
We are accepting proposals to give either a short talk (20 minutes) or a poster presentation.
- Am I guaranteed to appear in the conference program?
Yes. Not everyone is guaranteed to be a speaker, as we have limited slots for speaking presentations. If we have more speaker proposals than time slots, we will offer participants the opportunity to appear on the program as a poster presenter.
- Will there be a published edited volume based on conference presentations?
Yes. Presenters, if they wish, will be given an opportunity to publish a chapter in an edited volume based on their conference presentations.
- How much is the conference registration fee?
The registration fee is $50 USD per participant. You may pay by clicking on this link: https://app.certain.com/profile/2677120
- What are the hotel and restaurant options in Richmond?
- Richmond Marriott
- Quirk Hotel
- The Berkeley Hotel
- Hilton Richmond
- Homewood Suites
- Commonwealth Park Suites
- Hampton Inn & Suites
- Hostelling International - Richmond
- Where will the next Biennial Heroism Science Conference be in 2020?
The Third Biennial Heroism Science Conference in 2020 will be hosted by the University of Limerick in Ireland. Elaine Kinsella will be the conference organizer.
- Whom can I contact if I have further questions about the 2018 conference?
You may contact Scott Allison at if you have any questions.