Virginia Practice Series: Criminal Procedure, 10th Edition
On Title Page: Virginia Practice Series, 2008-2009 Edition, Volume 5.
Criminal Procedure provides a comprehensive and concise summary of Virginia criminal procedure, taking you step by step through the state's criminal process, from stop-and-frisk and arrest through pretrial motions, discovery, trial, sentencing, and appeal. This publication offers guidance to both new and experienced criminal law practitioners, and analyzes the issues and rules concerning:
- The defendant's rights under both the U.S. and Virginia constitutions
- Arrest, search, and seizure
- Confessions, identification procedures, right to counsel, and self-incrimination
- Electronic eavesdropping, application of the exclusionary rule, and other evidentiary issues
- Pretrial motions, trial practice, sentencing, and judicial review