Download Full Text (11.9 MB)
The Law School was first established in 1870. After a somewhat uncertain existence, due to lack of money, the school received in 1890 from the family of Mr. T. C. Williams of Richmond an endowment of $25,000. In recognition of this gift, the name of the School was changed to the T. C. Williams School of Law. Since 1890 there has been no interruption of work. At various times the School has received further generous gifts from Miss Mary T. Williams and from Mr. T. C. Williams, Jr., both of whom were among the donors of the original endowment.
For most of its history the T. C. Williams School of Law has been taught in evening hours. But the growth of the School and the development of legal education have made necessary certain important advances which are explained below.
University of Richmond
College Calendar, Officers, Law Faculty, Board of Managers, General Statement, Courses of Study, Entrance Requirements, Classes in Forenoon Division, Classes in Evening Division, Courses in First Year, Courses in Second Year, Courses in Third Year, Courses in Fourth Year, Degrees and Diplomas, The Law Library, Law Prizes in Evening School, Athletic Association, Fees in School of Law, Degrees Conferred
University of Richmond, "University of Richmond Bulletin: Catalogue of The T.C. Williams School of Law for 1922-1923" (1922). Law School Catalogues. 7.