Download Full Text (17.9 MB)


General Statement:

The Law School was established as a part of Richmond College in 1870. In 1890 the family of the late Mr. T. C. Williams, who had been a devoted and useful trustee, donated $25,000 as the nucleus of an endowment for the Law School. In recognition of this gift, the name of the School was changed to THE T. C. WILLIAMS SCHOOL OF LAW. At various times the School has received further generous gifts from members of the family of Mr. Williams. A substantial gift came through a bequest from Mr. T. C. Williams, Jr. who, like his father, was long a trustee of Richmond College, and for twenty years was the efficient chairman of the Executive Committee of the Board. The largest of these gifts was recently received by bequest from Mr. A. D. Williams, another son of Mr. T. C. Williams.

The T. C. Williams School of Law is an integral part of the University of Richmond. The degrees in law are conferred by the corporation of the University of Richmond.

Publication Date



University of Richmond


Richmond, Virginia


Calendar, Officers, Faculty, Faculty Committees, General Statement, An Accredited School, Location, Method of Instruction, Practice Court, Library, Requirements for Admission, Pre-Legal Education, Combined Academic and Law Degrees, Advanced Standing, Requirements for Graduation, Grading System, Rules of Attendance and Scholarship, Honor System, Examinations, Re-Examinations, Scholarships, Prizes, McNeill Law Society, University Expenses, Additional Expenses, Government Aid for Veterans, Summer Session, Curriculum, First Year, Second Year, Third Year, Electives, Graduates, Student Roll


Other Law


Vol. LVII, No. 1

University of Richmond Bulletin: The T.C. Williams School of Law Catalogue Number for 1955

Included in

Other Law Commons