Download Full Text (14.8 MB)


General Statement:

A Law School was first established in Richmond College in 1870. In 1890 the family of the late Mr. T. C. Williams, who had been a devoted and useful trustee, donated $25,000 as the nucleus of an en- dowment for the Law School. In recognition of this gift, the name of the School was changed to the T. C. WILLIAMS SCHOOL OF LAW. At various times the School has received further generous gifts from members of the family of Mr. Williams. The largest of these gifts came through a bequest from Mr. T. C. Williams, Jr., who like his father, was long a trustee of Richmond College, and for twenty years was the efficient chairman of the Executive Committee of the Board. As a result of these several benefactions the endowment of the School of Law now amounts to $281,700.00. The Law building and lot are valued at $84,700.00 and the equipment at $40,000. The T. C. Williams School of Law is an integral part of the University of Richmond. The degrees in law are conferred by the corporation of the University of Richmond.

Publication Date



University of Richmond


Richmond, Virginia


Calendar, Board of Trustees, Officers, Faculty, Faculty Committees, General Statement, An Accredited School, Location, Method of Instruction, Requirements for Admission, Pre-Legal Education, Combined Academic and Law Degree, Advanced Standing, Requirements for Graduation, Grading System, Rules of Attendance and Scholarship, Prizes, McNeill Law Society, Practice Court, Library, University Expenses, Additional Expenses, Government Aid for Veterans, Summer Semester, Curriculum, First Year, Second Year, Third Year, Electives, Graduates, Certificate of Proficiency, Student Roll


Other Law


Vol. LI, No. 1

University of Richmond Bulletin: The T.C. Williams School of Law Catalogue Number for 1949

Included in

Other Law Commons