Download Full Text (14.3 MB)


General Statement:

A Law School was first established in Richmond College in 1870. From the beginning there were able professors, but financial support was uncertain. In 1890 the family of the late Mr. T. C. Williams, who had been a devoted and useful trustee, donated $25,000 as the nucleus of an endowment for the Law School. In recognition of this gift, the name of the School was changed to the T. C. WILLIAMS SCHOOL OF LAW. At various times the School has received further generous gifts from members of the family of Mr. Williams. The largest of these gifts came through a bequest from Mr. T. C. Williams, Jr., who like his father, was long a trustee of Richmond College, and for twenty years was the efficient chairman of the Executive Committee of the Board. As a result of these several benefactions the endowment of the T. C. Williams School of Law now amounts to $281,700.00. The Law building and lot are valued at $84,700.00 and the equipment at $40,000.

The T. C. Williams School of Law is firmly established as an integral part of the University of Richmond. The degrees in law are conferred by the corporation of the University of Richmond.

Publication Date



University of Richmond


Richmond, Virginia


School Calendar, Board of Managers, Officers, Faculty, General Statement, An Accredited School, Location, Organization, Method of Instruction, Requirements for Admission, Pre-Legal Education, Advanced Standing, Requirements for Graduation, Combined Academic and Law Degree, Rules of Attendance and Scholarship, Grading System, Prizes, McNeill Law Society, Practice Court, Library, University Expenses, Additional Expenses, Summer School, Classes, First Year, Second Year, Third Year, Regular Electives, Alternate Electives, Curriculum, Degrees Conferred, Student Roll


Other Law


Vol. XXXVIII, No. 5

University of Richmond Bulletin: T.C. Williams School of Law Catalogue for 1935-1936

Included in

Other Law Commons