Download Full Text (13.1 MB)
A Law School was first established in Richmond College in 1870. From the beginning there were able professors, but financial support was uncertain. In 1890 the family of the late Mr. T. C. Williams, who had been a devoted and useful trustee, donated $25,000 as the nucleus of an endowment for the Law School. In recognition of this gift, the name of the School was changed to the T. C. WILLIAMS SCHOOL OF LAW. At various times the School has received further generous gifts from members of the family of Mr. Williams. The largest of these gifts came through a bequest from Mr. T. C. Williams, Jr., who like his father, was long a trustee of Richmond College, and for twenty years was the efficient chairman of the Executive Committee of the Board. As a result of these several benefactions the endowment of the T. C. Williams School of Law now amounts to $281,700.00. The Law building and lot are valued at $84,700.00 and the equipment at $40,000.
The T. C. Williams School of Law is now firmly established as an integral part of the University of Richmond. The degrees in law are conferred by the corporation of the University of Richmond.
University of Richmond
College Calendar, Board of Managers, Officers, Faculty, General Statement, An Accredited School, Location, Organization, Method of Instruction, Requirements for Admission, Pre-Legal Education, Advanced Standing, Requirements for Graduation, Combined Academic and Law Degree, Rules of Attendance and Scholarship, Grading System, Prizes, Employed Students, Library, Summer School, Expenses, Summer School, Books, Rooms and Board, Morning Division, Evening Division, First Year, Second Year, Third Year, Fourth Year, Electives, Curriculum, Degrees Conferred, Student Roll
University of Richmond, "University of Richmond Bulletin: Catalogue of the T.C. Williams School of Law for 1933-1934" (1933). Law School Catalogues. 18.