Document Type


Publication Date

Fall 1967


The top picture will be recognized by all alumni. It is as of NOW--1967. The bottom picture is essentially the same view as of 1912 when that part was a public amusement park. On the hill is a dance hall which in 1914 was enclosed and became an auditorium, later a basketball court, a theater, a biology and chemistry laboratory, and offices for student publications--until it was torn down to make way for Boatwright Memorial Library. The building to the left was a bar! In 1914 it housed the post office, student shop, and the barber shop. The boat house disappeared many years ago.

R. C. McD.


Copyright © 1967, University of Richmond

Materials in this collection are made available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use. Images and text may not be used for any commercial purposes without prior written permission from the University of Richmond. For permission or to obtain reproductions contact