Download Full Text (12.7 MB)
The Law School, established as a part of Richmond College in 1870, celebrates its Centennial this session. In 1890 the family of the late Mr. T. C. Williams, who had been a devoted and valued Trustee, donated $25,000 as the nucleus of an endowment for the Law School. In recognition of this gift, the name of the School was changed to The T. C. Williams School of Law. At various times the School has received further generous gifts from members of the family of Mr. Williams. A substantial gift came through a bequest from Mr. T. C. Williams, Jr. who, like his father, was long a Trustee of Richmond College, and for twenty years was the efficient chairman of the Executive Committee of the Board. The largest of these gifts was received by bequest from Mr. A. D. Williams, another son of Mr. T. C. Williams.
The T. C. Williams School of Law is an integral part of the University of Richmond. The degrees in law are conferred by the corporation of the University of Richmond.
Richmond College [University of Richmond]
Calendar, Officers, Faculty, Faculty Committees, General Statement, An Accredited School, Location, Method of Instruction, Moot Court Programs, The Law Review, Library, Legal Aid and Research, Requirements for Admission, Candidates for the Degree, Special Students, Law School Admission Test, Pre-Legal Education, Combined Academic and Law Degrees, Advanced Standing, Requirements for Graduation, Grading System, Rules of Attendance and Scholarship, Honor System, Examinations, Reexaminations, Financial Aid, The Williams Law Scholarships, The Hunton Williams Gay Powell and Gibson Scholarship, Prizes, Charles T. Norman Prize, McNeill Law Society, University Expenses, Books, Room and Board, Placement of Graduates, Summer Session, Curriculum, First Year, Second Year, Third Year, Electives, Graduates, Student Roll, Campus Map
University of Richmond, "University of Richmond Bulletin: Catalog of the T.C. Williams School of Law for 1970-1971" (1970). Law School Catalogues. 52.