Download Full Text (15.9 MB)
A Law School was first established in Richmond College in 1870. In 1890 the family of the late Mr. T, C. Williams, who had been a devoted and useful trustee, donated $25,000 as the nucleus of an endowment for the Law School. In recognition of this gift, the name of the School was changed to THE T. C. WILLIAMS SCHOOL OF LAW. At various times the School has received further generous gifts from members of the family of Mr. Williams. The largest of these gifts came through a bequest from Mr. T. C. Williams, Jr., who like his father, was long a trustee of Richmond College, and for twenty years was the efficient chairman of the Executive Committee of the Board. As a result of these several benefactions the endowment of the School of Law now amounts to $281,700.00. The Law building and lot are valued at $125,000 and the equipment at $50,000. The T. C. Williams School of Law is an integral part of the University of Richmond. The degrees in law are conferred by the corporation of the University of Richmond.
University of Richmond
Calendar, Board of Trustees, Officers, Faculty, Faculty Committees, General Statement, An Accredited School, Location, Method of Instruction, Requirements for Admission, Pre-Legal Education, Combined Academic and Law Degree, Advanced Standing, Requirements for Graduation, Grading System, Rules of Attendance and Scholarship, Prizes, McNeill Law Society, Practice Court, Library, University Expenses, Additional Expenses, Government Aid for Veterans, Summer Session, Curriculum, First Year, Second Year, Third Year, Electives, Graduates, Student Roll
University of Richmond, "University of Richmond Bulletin: The T.C. Williams School of Law Catalogue Number for 1951" (1951). Law School Catalogues. 33.