Download Full Text (11.6 MB)
A Law School was first established in Richmond College in 1870. After a somewhat uncertain existence, due to lack of money, the School received, in 1890, from the family of Mr. T. C. Williams, of Richmond, an endowment of $25,000. In recognition of this gift, the name of the School was changed to the T. C. Williams School of Law. Since 1890 there has been no interruption of work. At various times the School has received further generous gifts from members of the family of Mr. T. C. Williams. The endowment now amounts to $100,000, and additional subscriptions amounting to $108,000 have been received. The T. C. Williams School of Law is firmly established as an integral part of the University of Richmond. The degrees in law are conferred by the University of Richmond.
University of Richmond
College Calendar, Board of Managers, Officers, Faculty, General Statement, Location, Growth, Courses of Study, Entrance Requirements, Degree, Special Students, Library, Summer School, Morning Division, Evening Division, First Year, Second Year, Third Year, Fourth Year, Electives, Honors, Athletic Association, Literary Society, Expenses, Summer School, Books, Rooms and Board, Diploma Fees, Degrees Conferred, Student Roll
University of Richmond, "University of Richmond Bulletin: Catalogue of the T.C. Williams School of Law for 1927-1928" (1927). Law School Catalogues. 12.